The Ruoss Crew

Feel free to laugh at us....not just with us!

Friday, November 26, 2010

We're Still Here!

Been quite awhile since we posted and a lot has happened since then.

The kids have started school and are almost ready for Christmas break.

Jake has finals in a few weeks and is looking forward to two weeks off to do nothing (or so he thinks). He has been busy with Scouts, friends, school and more friends. He completed his first half of drivers ed (requirement in IL) and has gotten his permit. He has been driving us any time and everywhere we will let him. He has only scared me a few times. Thankfully he tends to be pretty cautious. IL has pretty strict teen driving laws so he has another 6-8 months before he can get his license.

Hannah has been busy with school, music lessons, church choir, newsletter club and anything else she can find to do. She has added the french horn to her list of instruments (thanks to the school for loaning her one) and really, really wants to learn to play violin. No. She has enjoyed traveling to the high school for an hour each day for Honors Geometry. She loves a challenge!

Lily has been using school as her venue to meet new friends and influence people. She does her work but does it as quickly as she can so that she can move onto more "interesting" and "important" things. She believes it is her job to make sure everybody is doing exactly what they should be and that everyone knows exactly what SHE thinks they should be doing. At the same time she is such a sensitive kid who loves others and tries to help them. She may, in all reality, be the death of me.

Kermit has been doing a multitude of home projects. He has installed the new dishwasher (thanks to a very generous donor!) and a new whole house water filter. Soon it will be a water softener, but we have a little bit to wait for that one. He has been really busy at work with lots of overtime and then even more projects with scouts and church. He is really looking forward to the beginning of a new year when he will once again have some vacation time!

I have been keeping busy with work and family life. We are now heading into my favorite time of year....the holidays : ) I have enjoyed the last week of preparing for Thanksgiving and I have been listening to Christmas music for weeks. My sister and I went out for Black Friday shopping but, for the first time ever, I had to come home because I was too tired to shop. I was so ashamed.

Well, I must go. I need to remind the girls to clean their room!

2 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger The Ruoss Crew said...

Candy forgot to mention that we also had to replace the hot water heater (fun, fun, fun). As far as the vacation time goes, it will all be used when Jake and I head to Philmont Boy Scout Ranch in Cimmaron, New Mexico with other Scouts from our Troop. Ten days of hiking in one of the most beautiful areas that God created.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger The Man Crew said...

Wow, so busy....as always : ) Kermit, I sure hope those 10 days in NM include a trip to my house <3 Love you all!!
~K~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home