The Ruoss Crew

Feel free to laugh at us....not just with us!

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Wrapping Up the School Year

Every year I think Kermit and I get more excited about the end of school than the kids do. By the end of May I am just plain tired! When I look at my calendar for this month we have:

- a family dinner for Mother's Day
- a mother/daughter tea at church
- a Scout camp out
- a piano recital
- a band concert
- a talent show
- AWANA awards night
- school awards night
- church work day
- a baby shower (not mine!)
- an 8th grade graduation

I am counting the days until June!

But, so that I don't sound as if I am lamenting my life (because I'm not!) I am also trying to savor every minute I can while I still can. I realize more and more every single day how quickly the kids are growing up! Jake has girls calling (well, one specific girl) and will be in high school in three months, Hannah is wrestling with doing the right thing even when it is tough and Lily is reading like crazy and acting like a grown up.

So...we are plugging away until we get to the fun of summer which is one step closer to them all being grown and out of the house (sentimental sigh).

1 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Blogger The Man Crew said...

OH my, what a busy time for you all! Try to enjoy the ride! I know you well wnough to know that you never lament your life (unlike SOME of us) but even the best of us get tired sometimes. Wish I could either join in the wild ride or at least ease some of your burden, but it shall have to wait until Sept. I LOVE you and miss you all like crazy. Speaking of crazy...GIRLS CALLING...I need to go lay down! LOL
Miss Kristy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home