The Ruoss Crew

Feel free to laugh at us....not just with us!

Monday, February 23, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes aka How to Embarrass Mom

Saturday was our monthly family get together to celebrate the birthdays and anniversaries of the month. This month was Lily's birthday, so she was really excited about what she might receive.

Before the get together, my grandmother let me know that she had bought Lily a new sweater with fur on the hood and a Dora the Explorer book bag.

Now, Lily decided about three months ago that she no longer wanted to be associated with anything Dora and that the Dora show along with Diego and Wiggles were "for babies" (and she will let you know she is not one!).

So, before she opened her presents I took a second to whisper in her ear "Lily, if you get something 'Dora', remember to smile and thank them anyway. You don't have to tell them you don't like it." She did a great job while opening the present and looked so happy and said thank you like a little lady.

Later, my grandmother said "Lily, I got that bag just because I know how much you like Dora!". Lily's response was "I don't like Dora at all but my mom said I had to pretend to like it!". Luckily, my grandmother is almost deaf.

I guess that's what I get for trying to get my kid to lie (although I didn't really think tell her to lie and say she liked it...more just being polite and saying thanks).

That child is going to be the DEATH of me.

3 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pay back is a blessing!!!!!!(Kermit)Ha ha ha, hee heee hee!!!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger The Man Crew said...

ROFL....I know! Rose Cooperider said to me once that motherhood is a balance of two things...fierce pride and utter mortification. Ya know, she might have been smarter than we thought...LOL! I feel your pain and your joy! Happy birthday to my girl!
Kristy

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Lyrical One said...

she is SO your child!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home